Chijioke Chidiebere – Nigeria

• March 23, 2020 at 9:44 am #2308
    Huong Nguyen
    Keymaster

Mission
    Before a leader can achieve his vision in life he has to have shaped strategies that will outline steps, to actualize that vision , this art like a navigational tool when you liking about where you are from where you want to be. It is the bedrock of any leader or organization
    For Oprah Winfrey, her passion for children has driven her not only to be profit oriented being the C.E.O of the Oprah Winfrey Show, but also to be impact oriented, giving back to her community
    She focus her mission to granting access to education to those who might not have it, grooming children who will in turn become leaders in their community, protecting basic human rights and creating communities of support.

Passion
    Passion is different for everyone the reason why you do something might be different why another person do that same thing hence producing different result , you can’t be successful at something if you are not passionate about it, looking at the history of Oprah Winfrey you can easily see why she is passionate about raising leader for community development ,she grow up from a poor background with a lot of discrimination against black people, access to quality education was unforeseeable, suffered from abuse but still able to achieve a successful career as a television personality.

Vision
    Oprah life wasn’t always a bed of roses; she was the victim of many harsh realities including child abuse. She did not come from any high-end means as she was born a small farm in Mississippi where she was passed back-and-forth between her mother and grand gives for the majority of her childhood with much more dark history behind her.
    Her vision is to be in world, where children have easy access to quality education, where children are seen and treated as leaders, where human right law are not only made but executed, where humanity felt through community support.

Ethics
    A leader must have strong and positive ethical behavior, the character and integrity of a leader stimulate a sense of trustworthiness and encourage his subordinate to accept and follow his vision
    He/she should be people oriented and uses power for the good of his people, rather than serving selfish want, he/she must be able to show the same respect to everyone in his company.
    Oprah Winfrey has shown to possess such attribute, as she runs her various business chain and non-governmental programs, radio station charity organization and magazine .

Compassion
    Being compassionate move from thinking about self, to thinking about others , from “I” to “we”, it when a leader is being thoughtful and aware of his followers lives , few see this quality of a leader as a weakness but recent research reveals that compassionate leaders find it more easy to direct and lead there followers.
    Oprah Winfrey is an active philanthropists, not only for the donation to national project but also to other nation in crisis or undeveloped not withstanding there ethic beliefs and history, she was compassionate and sympathizes to countries like Israeli occupation’s practices against the Palestinians, and applied to 1Palestinian and Arab intellectuals residing in the United States, Canada, Australia, and Britain.

Equality and respect;
    Oprah winfrey is one of the most widely respected woman in the world not just because of her wealth but because of her ability to respect other people opinion, beliefs and value, she frown at oppression and inequality of any kind that why she is courageous enough to support the leader of the African resistance against the Apartheid and gender discrimination, that she revealed her own struggle against poverty as a child living in the confines of her grandmother, who washed clothes for a living. And when she revealed how she was raped as a child, which in turn encouraged many women to reveal what has been tormenting them for many years, to become free and return to their normal not as slaves to their past but as productive and confident person.
    With such courage and professionalism, Oprah succeeded to attract viewers from outside the United States, viewers filled with feelings of justice such as the Palestinians and Lebanese. Indeed, through the promotion of these values and modern technologies.

Good management
    The success of any organization highly depends on the effectiveness of the leader in managing any situation or opportunities open to it, he protect it from any threats to his followers welfare, every leader should have to forecast and plan to determine where the business is going, organize resources necessary to achieve these objectives, command and coordinate his people to carry out tasks
    Oprah accomplishments, from acting, TV host, Air personality, producer, philanthropist, C.E.O of own network and Harpo and authors of various awarding winning books is evident that, she possesses good managerial skill.

Personal presentation
    A leader must have a good personal presentation, as a boss your presentation must be bold and formal, people make snap judgment about a person personality instantly in few seconds, personal presentation encompasses area like physical fitness, hygiene, haircut, clothing and deportment.
    Oprah Winfrey has always has a bold personality and personal style to match. She presents herself with confidence, style and attitude .she look amazing in fitted but not too long tight dress. She chooses well-made dress that drape over her curves or more modern dresses with elongating seaming and color blocking. She is never afraid and shows that by wearing vibrant colors, she look fabulous no matter her weight.

Team building
    The main aim of an organization cannot be achieved without proper team building, this is done to improve the productivity of the follower, braking down political or personal barriers eliminate distractions and have fun
    Oprah Winfrey is famous not just because of her wealth but also because of her impart and ability to motivate other , her strategy for team building is simply , she invest in top talents , seek out smart mentors, values her customer and consistently nourishes each relationship, success stories such as Dr Phil and Rachael ray were under her management.
    She always seeks out mentors that she admires who will offer guidance. Early in her career, attorney Jeff Jacobs advised crucial contract deals and help her launch her company, Harpo , which has been a key to her wealth . Moreover, Oprah allies herself with other power team players, from celebrities to Julia Robert to politicians like the Obamas.

Team Buildings
    Oprah Winfrey is famous not just because of her wealth but also because of her impart and ability to motivate other , her strategy for team building is simply , she invest in top talents , seek out smart mentors, values her customer and consistently nourishes each relationship, success stories such as Dr Phil and Rachael ray were under her management.
    She always seeks out mentors that she admires who will offer guidance. Early in her career, attorney Jeff Jacobs advised crucial contract deals and help her launch her company, Harpo , which has been a key to her wealth . Moreover, Oprah allies herself with other power team players, from celebrities to Julia Robert to politicians like the Obamas.

Measurable Accomplishment
    Growing up from a poor background with a lot of discrimination against black people, access to quality education was unforeseeable, all this formed her drive to achieve her dream, which is now proven by her accomplishments, starting from her show the Oprah Winfrey show which packs millions of viewer from 111 counties, to her book what do you know for sure which has been nominated best seller by New York Time not ranted less than 3 for six months running, she has written other book like cookbook, health book , she runs a foundation called Oprah foundation that provides funds for charities and developmental program ,she has acted in various movies and nominated for various award including Emmy actress , and have been featured in Time Magazine 100 most influential woman.
    Oprah Winfreys accomplishment has always been an inspiration and motivation for young woman round the world, as she continues to set examples for the world to see and hopefully follow.

II FUNERAL SPEECH
    Most people believes that everyday should be spend like it was there last, but this wasn’t me, cause am someone that liked planning everything down to when I have fun, living a spontaneous life wasn’t really who I was, so I decided to make my own quote which I lived by, spend every day “loving the things you do and the people around you”, you can say “live everyday with love”, cause without love life isn’t just worth living.
    I like to believe that I lived loving everyone around me from my family to friends to my co workers , that they no that all my sacrifices, planning and sleepless nights was just for them, I want you to know that my love will always be with them, that they should keep loving each other.
    Today isn’t a day to cry but a day to celebrate a life filled with love, I spent most of my life working to see an Africa filled with peace and unity, where our youth are not just self-reliant but also innovative and creative, our government not of men but of laws, that economic justice is won by free men through free enterprise and that service to humanity is the best work of life.
    And now that have been called to meet my maker, hope my life inspires and motivate young leader to follow that path for a better future filled with love.

III PANEL DISCUSSION
    Kectil Ten Points of Leadership meeting with peer panel was organized on the 18th February 2020 at the John Harris Garden Uniben Nigeria , with an attendance of the of 4 person present to discuss the various qualities that make up a leader either negatively or positively according to the Kectil point note.

Mission: We discussed the element that makes up a leader mission, which are the principles and values.
    To be a leader you must first have a strong foundation on which you build your goals on, meaning you must be goal oriented, having a sincere a help motivate oneself, which forms your mission .
    Passion: Leadership isn’t complete without passion, it is the major element of a leader, looking at various leader life you can notice this similar Pattern among all of them, when you discovered your mission in life, passion is easily generated.
    Vision: The very essence of leadership is having a clear mental picture of the future you leading your followers to, it is a leader navigator, it gives a feel of purpose and a glimpse of what is possible.
    Ethics: in leadership you must have a strong character, it more than having a good understanding of right and wrong, he must set up a strong moral standard by which his follower should follow.
    Compassion: Being compassionate move from thinking about self, to thinking about others, from “I” to “us”, it when a leader is being thoughtful and aware of his followers lives.
    Other leadership qualities
    Equality and respect
    Good management
    Personal presentation
    Team building
    Measurable accomplishment
    Great leader in the past and present have been proven to have these qualities such as Nelson Mandela, Steve Jobs, Wela Soyinka and many others, there leadership success story are reason enough for young leader to develop these qualities, especially in my African community in regards to most of our political leader, whom have fallen victim to the grip of corruption, nepotism and creed, caring only for themselves.
    The impact of developing these qualities will be of great significance to the African leadership as leaders will be more honest and clear when directing there followers toward the field of success.
    THE MEETING WAS HOSTED BY CHIDIEBERE CHIJIOKE JONATHAN STARTED BY 12:00PM AND ENDED BY 2:00PM ON THE ABOVE DATE.

The forum ‘Assignment 1’ is closed to new topics and replies.