Dominic Okachi – Nigeria

• March 23, 2020 at 10:04 am #2312
    Huong Nguyen
    Keymaster

THE KECTIL TEN POINTS OF LEADERSHIP
    MISSION: The mission of a company will often be encapsulated in a mission statement. A mission is a clear statement of why the company exists in the first place and what its overarching goal or purpose is.
    In leadership, mission means a clear statement of why one should be given a particular position to lead. Great leaders leads by example. Mission-driven leadership comes from the heart. It requires talent and confidence. Mission-driven leaders teach managers how to align daily operations with the administrative or company’s purpose, and they can enhance understanding and passion for that mission among all employees.
    A great leaders is courageous, has integrity, honesty, humility and clear focus. Great leaders help people reach their goals, are not afraid to hire people that might be better than them and take pride in the accomplishments of those they help along the way.
    PASSION: In other word, passion mean devotedness. The joy of doing or solving a particular problem without being forced to do so. It entails helping other without expecting to be helped, and the happiness that comes afterward. E.g A passion to become a doctor, a passion to become a philanthropist.
    VISION: Vision is an essential means for focusing attention on what matters most; what you want to accomplish in life and what kind of leader you wish to be. It represents who you are and what you stand for.
    The importance of vision cannot be overemphasis and great leaders always have good vision. A true leadership vision advocates a more substantive change in direction. Vision entails three key ingredients viz:

Plans and prioritizes
    Strategic thinking
    Define and communicate vision.
    ETHICS: It means being smart, intelligent, proactive, and thoughtful and also being morally right and good. It is an accepted standards of conduct and behavior. A belief that something is very important. So as a great leader you must ethically upright.
    Ethical leadership is leadership that is directed by respect for ethical beliefs and values and for the dignity and rights of others. It is thus related concepts such as trust, honesty, consideration, charisma and fairness.
    COMPASSION: A feeling of wanting to help someone who is sick, hungry, in trouble, etc. compassion is synonymous to sympathy. Compassionate leaders are those who lead from within, those who have the ability to inspire others through encouragement and empowerment. When you treat people with compassion they never forget.
    Qualities of a compassionate leader includes:
    You are mindful
    You express gratitude
    You have high emotional intelligence
    You teach others
    You are kind to yourself
    You act on your empathy. A major component of compassion is giving back, even in the smallest ways.
    You don’t put emphasis on money.

EQUALITY AND RESPECT: Equality means the state of being equal, it is the quality or state of having the same rights, social status, etc. while respect is a feeling or understanding that someone or something is important, serious, etc, and should be treated in an appropriate way.
    Freedom and equality are foundational values that we draw upon when envisioning a better society. Our equal rights to a fair trial, to vote in election, to association, speech and religion are each an equal right to a sphere of freedom.
    Equality is about creating a fairer society where everyone can participate and has the opportunity to fulfil their potential. It is mostly backed by legislation deigned to address unfair discrimination based on membership of a particular group.
    Respect, also called esteem, is positive feeling or action shown towards someone or something considered important, or held in high esteem or regard. It conveys a sense of admiration for good or valuable quality.
    GOOD GOVERNMENT/MANAGEMENT: Good government is a normative description of how government is supposed to be considered by various political leaders, ideologies and politicians. Good government is an approach to government that is committed to creating a system founded in justice and peace that protects individual’s human rights and civil liberties. Participation requires that all groups, particularly those most vulnerable, have direct or representative access to the systems of government.
    PERSONAL PRESENTATION: Personal presentation is a communication skill, and communication is one of five important life and work skills one can build as a young professional.
    Personal presentation means the way you present yourself in everyday situations, and more stressful ones like job interviews. However, personal presentation always involves at least two people – the person presenting themselves (you) and the person receiving the presentations.
    Effective presentation skills are important because they help keep a presentation interesting, help the presenter communicate with confidence, and motivate the audience to listen. Some essential presentation skills are: creating variety, speaking with optimal audibility.
    TEAM BUILDING: A team is define as a group of people who work together. Team building is the action or process of causing a group of people to work together effectively as a team, especially by means of activities and events designed to increase motivation and promote cooperation.
    Team building is a collective term for various types of activities used to enhance social relations and define roles within teams, often involving collaborative task. Many tea building exercises aim to expose and address interpersonal problems within the group.
    The importance of team building includes:
    Networking, socializing and getting to know each other better.
    Teamwork and boosting team performance
    Competition and bragging rights
    Celebration, team spirit, fun and motivation.
    Collaboration and fostering of innovation and creativity
    Communication and working better together.
    MEASURABLE ACCOMPLISJMENTS: An act or instance of carrying into effect; fulfilment. The accomplishments of our desires. Something done admirably or creditably. Anything accomplished; deed; achievement, a career measured in a series of small accomplishment. It also means exercising leadership, authority and influence. Handling challenge, complexity and change. Measurable accomplishments can include charitable work, entrepreneurial success, establishing good relationship with others. They reflect psychological, emotional and professional success.
    A great person is willing to help anyone that need it. A great person is respectful of other people’s feelings and needs, but holds his or her position highly and never retreats from negative situations, but only stays in them to make peace.

MY EULOGY
    I personally hates when people celebrate and spend so much during burial/funeral that will not yield back anything. It is so unfortunate that where am from, people valued funeral so much that they can go borrow money to make sure they organize a befitting funeral for their lost ones.
    As to my personal self, I never want anyone to so much see me as important person because of my level of education, how influential I am, because am wealthy vice-versa. But I desired to be remember for the number of lives I have impacted positively and how I have help the young people to be more successful not because I am too intelligent.
    I don’t want a long funeral. And if you get somebody to deliver the eulogy, tell him not to talk too long. Every now and then, I wonder what I want him to say.
    I will want him not to mention tat I have won many noble prizes-that isn’t important. Let no one know where I went to school, I’d like somebody to mention that day that Okachi Dominic Eneji tries to love somebody. I’d like for somebody to say that day that Okachi Dominic Eneji tried to give his life serving others. And I want you to say that I tried to love and serve humanity.
    I want you to be able to say that day that I did try to feed the hungry. I want you to be able to say that I did try in my to clothe the naked.
    I just want to leave a committed life behind. And that is all I want to say. If I can cheer somebody with a well song, if I can help somebody as I pass along, then my living will not be futile.
    I want to leave behind a society where education is being acquired without debt afterwards. A free education (scholarship) for all irrespective of religion and other socio-economic factors from birth to adulthood.
    I want to leave behind a society or generation where life-long learning, enough education and skills acquisition is the major priority of the people in the fast growing workforce of our generation especially the young people.
    I want to leave behind a world where children are being protected and thereby expressing their fundamental rights and ensure a society of gender equality where women are given equal right in the society.
    Because when women succeed, then the world will be save.

SUMMARY OF PANEL DISCUSSION:
    Mission: Mission is an important part of leadership. It defines the purpose of an organization. It states what an organization does, it’s primary customers and region of operation. It also provides directions unto achieving a set goal. It comes in a written form but for a short period. Mission is a statement of an organization that all member of the group are able to enunciate. It applies to both leaders and members of the organization. Mission is an important part of leadership and also in a private and business world. It state the purpose if an organization or leadership objective while vision is a long term goal that is seeing the future in the Present.

Passion: Passion is more like an attraction toward something, enthusiasm, admiration for an idea or an aspect. People feel excited and enjoy the goal they are pursuing. This can prevent people from giving up and feeling discouraged or bored after a period of time. It can maintain persistence. For leaders, it is crucial because they have to experience many failures, deal with hardship, problems and troubles which can erode not only their morale but also that of the members who work with them.
    Vision: The subtle difference between Mission and Vision is, Vision is a farsight ultimatum goal, for which mission act as an atomic work which helps to achieve our further goal. Simply we can assume Vision as whole mechanism and mission are it’s processing system.

Ethics: Ethics binds individuals in a realms. Your ethics made the person you want to be. Ethics is great modesty one should wear. It’s not only help you to achieve goals but also helps you to get inner happiness. Ethics give you never dying fame and love. Ethical leaders are leaders with dignity and good character. They show respect and acceptance for diversity within a group or an organization. They must not sacrifice the interests and benefits of others just to fulfill their own goals or to satisfy their own desires. Ethics prevents people from being corrupted by temptations and failures and helps people find joy and pleasure in life and at work.
    Compassion: Compassion in leadership, may be defined as the willingness and desire to be kind towards others. Being aware of their experiences and living conditions. It is that quality of a leader that drives his/her teammates to achieve a goal. When a leader is compassionate towards his teammates, they feel connected and give the best to their work.
    Equality and Respect: Equality and respect is very essential to built another person trust and loyalty, within mutual respect we could gain better understanding, cooperation and also think creatively which will also directly impact our leadership quality and performance. This attribute of a leadership, makes room for others to express their view on important matters. Their views, belief and values are also respected. This eliminates gender discrimination and violence. It also makes every member feel associated with the group.
    Good Government/Management: The importance of the leadership of people who can impact a sense of moral and social responsibility into every activity and build communities of common ideas and thinking. Without it, it is totally impossible to achieve and sustain effective administration, achieve goals and sustain quality.

Personal Presentation. This is basically how a person represents themselves to the public. However often personal representation can be confused with one’s ability to be smart or a person of value in society. An example is Steve jobs whose personal presentation was a simple black turtleneck. If a non tech savvy stranger looked at him on the street they would never know that he revolutionized the way people use smart phones. Therefore from this we learn that personal presentation might be deceiving and thus one has to really get to know someone before judging them on the way they present themselves.

Team Building: A good leader must be able to convince his/her team members to stay strong and achieve a goal. A leader must be able to present the difficult situations facing the group to them in a way to encourage them stay strong and overcome. A good team building leader must first of all believe in him/herself.
    Measurable Achievement: Measurable Accomplishment refers to the achievements that you have got in the journey. How a leader’s goal is accomplished and in return what we are getting. Do they succeed in their journey, did they really brought atomic and gradual change. How effective their policy is in community development and individuals’ life?
    If they are getting much respect and getting more attention in public life, it will also be termed as a measurable accomplishment. It generally refers to your positive outcomes. Like Nelson Mandela and Mahatma Gandhi fought against White Supremacy, in return they won in their battle. These is measurable accomplishments.

REFERENCES
    http://www.wikipedia.com
    http://www.creativelearning.org
    http://www.study.com-academy-lesson
    http://www.teambonding.com/6-reasons-for-team-building/

The forum ‘Assignment 1’ is closed to new topics and replies.