Nguyen My Chi – Vietnam

• March 25, 2020 at 2:28 pm #2326
    Huong Nguyen
    Keymaster

I/ Comparative Examples Of Real Positive And Negative Leaders

Positive Leader: Barack Obama

I remembered reading Michele Obama “Becoming” book recently and come to even more admire her than before. Don’t get me wrong, as I have been a fan of the Obama family since when he first elected. Now remember that when Obama first got elected to become the 44th president of the United States in 2007, I was only 6. And I haven’t being exposed to American culture, so the definition of America nor its president would rather be obscured for me at that time.

But nevertheless, when I was a bit older, I started to have interest in Obama and what he was doing at that time. My first impression of him is from general look perspective, he appears as a very kind – hearted and genuine person who want to change the world by being kind to one another. Which is the idea that I have been holding to myself since I was a kid, how can human being not treated each other kindly instead of hurting one another?

Barack Obama missions is simple but yet a daunting challenge that we are all aware, how can we solve a problem peacefully without damaging or effecting anyone and putting down other below us. Obama Care was a great example of that, he proposed an expansion of health insurance coverage to cover the uninsured, to cap premium increases, and to allow people to retain their coverage when they leave or change jobs. His proposal was to spend $900 billion over 10 years and include a government insurance plan to lowering costs and improving quality of healthcare, according to Wikipedia.

Obama Care is now widely use for millions of citizen across United States and have helped those who don’t have enough privilege to receive health treatment they need. I want to point it out because what he do is not just something to fix the economy or bring American to become the number one country in the world. He do it because it is the right thing to do for people, to narrow the gap of rich and poor from our society.

I remembered being Obama and think to myself how can anyone is able to not love him. He is kind, generous, a loving father and husband and a good person who are for people in general. Even from the book “Becoming”, Michele has mentioned her life story from a black minority girl perspective, struggling to find her place in society and finally, find someone that have similar characteristic as her. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that both Michelle and Barack have the same kind of perspective about life in general and it’s not against their struggling childhood.

Together with Michele, Barack Obama has accomplished amazing things during his term of president including:

Healthcare reform. Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Education. Race to the Top competitive grant program.

Climate change. Clean Power Plan.

Immigration policy. Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals.

Social policy. Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act.

Intelligence and surveillance policy.

American loves Barack Obama and I personally, love Obama. He is forever be the best president we have ever had and a good human being that needed so many more in our society. I’m glad those people like him get recognized more and in higher position, if there are more people like him that exist, guess what a wonderful the world can be.

Negative Leader: Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler is talented, but not yet a good human being with rational decision, as have been proved to several decade. I do think of him as a good leader with great manipulation skill. That’s why he can manipulate millions of citizens and soldiers to believe his idea and mission. But with misleading mission and wrong purpose, you can still be a bad leader. A man once said: “A stupid person with bad intent is not dangerous compare to an intelligent person with bad intend.” So we can all agree that Adolf Hitler is both a bad and dangerous person.

Adolf Hitler life mission is to make Germany militarily mighty again, and respected, to establish a vast German empire in Europe, to eliminate Jews and ‘Bolshevism’, Social Democracy and Liberalism, to eliminate ‘moral decay’ in Germany. He hoped that the next generation would embark on an ambitious war of conquest and defeat the U.S.

Professor Bruce Loebs, who has taught a class called the Rhetoric of Hitler and Churchill for the past 46 years at Idaho State University, credits the F├╝hrer’s oratory success to his charisma.

“He learned how to become a charismatic speaker, and people, for whatever reason, became enamored with him,” Loebs told Business Insider.

“People were most willing to follow him, because he seemed to have the right answers in a time of enormous economic upheaval.”

Hitler’s belief system, helping to unite–or at least rationalize–his rabid antisemitism and anti-Bolshevism with his desire for living space. That this ethos defined Nazi theory and practice to the exclusion of most other ideological and pragmatic factors is harder to accept. In turning our attention once again to the role of ‘evolutionary progress’ in Nazi thinking, Hitler’s Ethic is nonetheless a stimulating work of intellectual history that deserves a wide audience.”

Hitler motivation did in fact make him a good leader and he had done tremendous accomplishment in the past, but all that besides,we have to agree that his vision and mission was not humanity at the time, which leads to bad consequences later on.

II/ Funeral Speech

Hello random citizen,

It has been a really long time not seeing you, people in the past. And for some of you whom I have not ever seen before in my life, greeting.

The thing is, a lot of things have happened in the past 3 years. And when I said a lot I do mean a lot. I have made several mistakes that have led me to be in a situation that I were today. And this is totally my fault, it’s not my friends fault, it’s not people fault or society fault. This is all my fault, I have not been a good person in the past and I’m still not a good person now.

I have let a lot of people down, I let my parents down, I Let my colleague down, my friends (if my friend is still perceive me as their friend) and I let myself down too. I have not being able to achieve what I wanted because I have been lost for a really long time, I do things that I don’t like because I’m afraid that if I don’t do that, if I choose to follow my heart and do what I like. I won’t be able to make any money and I can’t help my parents get out of poverty. So I join corporate world with the hope to have a safe job.

To become a person that my parent and society want me to become, a college graduate, a girl with a beautiful face, a stable job at a big company like Facebook, Google Amazon, exetegra and probably married to a rich husband. Yes, that is what my parent initial plan for me and my future, that I end up marrying someone that is rich enough for my family to have a better life. And to defend my parent words, let me point it out to you that my parents are not even graduated from high school and they are working as labor worker. And throughout my childhood, they try their best to raise me up to become a person that i am today and I will forever appreciate that. But I don’t engage in conversation with them very much because I know where our conversation is going to end.

So I have been doing things that I don’t like for approximately 3 years to please my parents and society. I try to find a job at a really young age and I have not been focusing on my academic record. I have screwed up a lot of people life and let them down. Including someone I love.

If you are reading this, people in the past. I just wanted to say that I am sorry for everything I have done to you. I was nothing more than a horrible person and I have fucked up our relationship. And I love you, I really do and I want you to be happy and don’t have to deal with another horrible person like me ever again. That’s why I have been disappeared in your life since then.

The last 3 years have been the worst period of time in my life and the loneliest I have ever been. The thing is, I guess what I wanted to say is that no matter what you want to in life. You have to do it because you like it, not because of other people pressure you to do it.

No one really sure about what is going on and where it can let us to, when I started this route I thought that it was something out of personal hobby, now I want to do this job for the rest of my life. And I have been doing something I don’t like for a long period of time just for the money, going home and there are an empty spot in my heart and I have cried alone every single day before going to sleep.

I won’t say that is gonna be an easy route, there won’t be a route that is easy. But you have to keep in mind what you really want to do in life and try to do it every chance you can have. Even if you are not in a place to do it right now. And you will make every mistakes you can make along the way, make sure to get up,apologise, moving on with your life and learn something from it.

And whatever you do, it’s not gonna matter that much if your friends are not around to see it.

This is Chi, you have been an amazing audience, thank you for taking your time and

I love you. .

III/ Discussion About Kectil Leader

I think when people look for a leader, they just want to have someone that is decent enough for them to comfortably doing their job. Not necessary someone who is perfect, because let be honest no one is gonna be perfect. All we can do is promise to do the best for each other with everything we have.

The forum ‘Assignment 1’ is closed to new topics and replies.