March 12, 2020 at 1:51 pm #2281Huong NguyenKeymaster
Part 1: Ten point of leadership
• Mission: What you need to do, a task that you want to accomplish. OR Tambo had a mission to free black people from the apartheid. OR Tambo gave away his 18years of his life in exile to accomplish his mission, he was even willing to give out more years of his freedom just to accomplish his mission.
• Passion: A strong desire towards something. Julius Malema is passionate about being true to leadership positions, accepting and lovingly your country just the way you it is. Malema entered into the world of political activity in his early years with the ability of serving his people with integrity. Malema unfolded lots of lugubriously acts and corruption that was occurring and it sends a message out there to all leaders to lead with truths and integrity.
• Vision: Is anything that you foresee that others cannot see, Tambo had a vision of unifying people between all races in Southern Africa more specifically black and white people in which to others it seemed impossible. When O R Tambo starting this campaign of fighting against apartheid regime his vision was seeing people using everything or opportunities equally without checking on races.
• Ethics: This affirmed a value of system at the centre of which respect for the fundamental principle and practice that leaders are there to serve people. Thomas Sankara used to conduct himself as a fearful leader which his citizens were afraid of him and that lead him to being president of the country for several years.
• Compassion: The need of wanting to help others more especially those who are in need of the help, it might be the disadvantaged or the poor. O R Tambo was a compassionate person as he established the organization for those children who are homeless, abused and poor. O R Tambo started the organization by donating some of his salary throughout in his term in the office and then later on raised funds. The organization was a huge success and it helped many children.
• Equality and respect: Treating each other equally and giving everyone the same respect regardless of where you come from, your wealth, race, culture, religion, sex and etc. Under the governance of B J Vorster and P W Botha in South Africa there was no equality between black and white people, black people were not respected and were regarded as less important than other races. they were not seen as humans.
• Good governance/Management: It is more like leadership, its equipping yours followers or those who look up to you with resources so that they can achieve their goals ,it is about leading, overseeing others so that together you can reach that certain goal. Tambo brought good governance when he was the president of African National Congress, he brought good changes and the economy improved during his governance. After the campaign of fighting against apartheid regime, During the governance of O R Tambo majority of South Africans got access to public services that was difficult before to get, his campaign brought the freedom and flexibility and access in national economy.
• Personal Presentation: How you present yourself, it might be the way you dress. The way you dress should reflect who you are, what you believe in or the position you hold. the way you dress shouldn’t be in a manner that it sends off the wrong message ,you should present yourself with pride and honor. Julius Malema presented himself in different ways after all his personal presentation is balanced. He can wear expensive suits and he can do wear very simple inexpensive outfit.
• Team building: It is more like empowering and helping each other, working well with others, to archieve a certain goal. TB Joshua has established the foundation which works with tertiary institutions in which they’re gatherings from different people from different countries who share the same goal working together to build and empower one another with the giving away of furthering their tertiaries studies yearly.
• Measurable accomplishement : Goals that one has archived whether be of his benefit or beneficial to others. E Munangagwa has accomplished a lot in Zimbabwe and he has shared several lands in Zimbabwe to make people contributed in economy through farming, he donated some of 50 thousands dollars in supporting of farmers, it improves the Zimbabwe’s economy.
Part 2 :Eulogy
A famous writer once said “we make a living by what we get, we make a life by what give.”
If that is true, then Omphulusa Phalanndwa made a great life. He was the most giving person I’ve ever known and judging from the noddlng heads I see infront of me. It seems that many of you agrees.
Omphulusa Phalanndwa was born in Donald Fraser hospital on 06 June 1995 in Thohoyandou city.He was the 5th born child of Gilbert Phalanndwa and Joyce Phalanndwa.They live in dzingahe village.
SCHOOLING AND WORK
Omphulusa Phalanndwa went to Dengenya Secondary school and after finishing matric. He moved to Soweto (Chiawela) Johannesburg city to further his tertiary education. He attended at Africa Learn and graduated with certificates of end-user computing course. He went to work for Resolution Cycle as a Jozi Brand Ambassador. Over the years, Omphulusa started organisation for Benevolence Group Of Youth ® and he worked in there as chief executive officer.
MARRIAGE AND FAMILY
In 2021 Omphulusa met Mulanga Makhani and they were married after 4 years later. Eventually, they had 3 children, Patience, Orifuna and Nthabiseng. Last year Omphulusa and Mulanga celebrated their 8th wedding anniversary.
HOBBIES AND SERVICE
Omphulusa was very active in the community. He devoted many hours to services that enriches and empowers young people. He was known for his examisite and benevolent position with always being ready with a helping hand and always having a positive attitude.
Part 3: Discussing the 10 points of leadership
Vission : in one word it can be defined as goal. Vision is in the future.Vission can be decribed as a goal that one wants to achieve in the future. When O R Tambo starting this campaign of fighting against apartheid regime his vision was seeing people using everything or opportunities equally without checking on races.
Mission: Actions taken or to be taken to reach the goal. Mission can either be the in the future or present.it can be a task or several task that you need to do to accomplish your vision. Mission: actions that needs to be taken in order for one to reach their vision or goal. OR Tambo gave away his 18years of his life in exile to accomplish his mission, he was even willing to give out more years of his freedom just to accomplish his mission.
Passion: a strong feeling of love towards anything. A powerful desire towards something it could be anything career wise, a hobby, anything. Passion: a strong powerful desire on anything it could be empowering others like TB Joshua who established the foundation which works with tertiary institutions in which they’re gatherings from different people from different countries who share the same goal working together to build and empower one another with the giving funds for furthering their tertiaries studies yearly. This shows how passionate Mr TB Joshua is towards youths success.
Ethics: the way one should behave or conduct himself/herself, Ethics differ from the corporate world and political world even though they are similarities but there are differences. When one has killed or abused a person in the corporate world they should be charged for murder or abuse however in the political world most of those who killed and abused others during apartheid were granted amnesty as they regarded their wrong doings as they did it for political reasons. Robert Mugabe was a dictator in his country and used to conduct himself as a fearful leader which his members and citizens were afraid of him and that led to him being the president of the country for several years
Compassion: Showing kindness to others. The feeling of wanting to help others who are in need. O R Tambo started the organization by donating some of his salary throughout in his term in the office and then later on raised funds. The organization was a huge success and it helped many children.
Equality and respect: Getting the same respect as others it may be at school, community anywhere mostly at work as women who did the same job as men earned less than men however as the years go by this equality is slightly deteriorating. Equality and respect can be taught and learned from home.in our country and tradition Men are superior than women however that too is slightly deteriorating.
Good governance/management : governance can be described as overseeing and managing things, ensuring that everything runs according to and coming up with solutions whenever facing difficult situations. With good governance a team can succeed ,archieve its goal while with bad governance things don’t fall into place. During the presidency of Robert Mugabe there was a lot of dishonest , funds that were available so as to improve the country’s facilities, infrastructure and others were misused and others not being authorized even supporting one department in the country which resulted in the delay for the mission which they promised the country that they’ll accomplish.
Personal Presentation: How you present yourself it might be the way you dress or the manner in which you conduct yourself. In most cases the way you present yourself says a lot about someone before they can even speak, it might be the way you dress or they way you address others. The way how current president of South Africa Cyril Ramaphosa talked about first impression is key and how important it is as it impacts positively as well as negatively too.
Team building: team building it may be about assisting or empowering each other so as to achieve a certain goal or help everyone to achieve their goal. Activate Change Drivers is a youths programme that aims to empowers and make youths aware of they skills especially in leadership positions and taking part or being active citizens of where we stay, it promotes working around in different groups, tribes, and even races.
Measurable accomplishments: measurable accomplishment may be goals that you wanted to achieve or creating a name for yourself by creating something unique or improving what is already there. These accomplishments may be for the benefit of others or yourself. Itumeleng Khune has several accomplishments, and he created a name for himself and for South Africa country as he started a successful Danu Up product that is now being preferred mostly and other accomplishments for solidarity leadership.
The forum ‘Assignment 1’ is closed to new topics and replies.